Handy GPS v24.2 [Paid]
Handy GPS v24.2 [Paid]
Overview: The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS. No user account, login, or setup is required – just install it, turn on your GPS and go!
This app is a powerful navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn’t require network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can even use it with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
* Shows your current coordinates, altitude, speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled in metric, imperial/US, or nautical units.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and record a track log to show where you’ve been.
* Can show your location, tracklogs and waypoints on a map.
* Data can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS and lat/lon coords.
* Can guide you to a waypoint using the “Goto” screen, and optionally sound an alert when when you’re getting close.
* Has a compass page which works on devices with magnetic field sensors.
* Automatically computes the local geoid offset to improve altitude accuracy
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the common Australian datums and map grids (AGD66, AGD84, AMG, GDA94, and MGA). You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps in the US.
* Shows GPS satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple or MGRS grid references.
* Can compute waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
* Includes an optional timer line to record walk duration and compute your average speed.
* If you have an Android Wear smartwatch, a stand-alone watch version of the app will also be installed.
* Can be used as a replacement for the old “MyTracks” app.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on many off-track walks
EXTRA FEATURES IN THIS VERSION:
* No ads
* Supports an unlimited number of waypoints and track log points.
* Email or SMS your location to a friend as a clickable Google Map link.
* Email your current waypoints and tracklogs as a KML file.
* Common datums such as NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America) and ED50 (Europe) can be selected from the custom datum page, or you can configure your own custom datums, including local grid systems.
* UK grid refs with a two letter prefixes can be shown if the OSGB datum is selected.
* An elevation profile of your route can be displayed.
* Average GPS locations over time to give more accurate result.
* Take photos from the app which are optionally geotagged, or have the location “burnt” in.
* Show sun rise and set times.
* Export waypoints and tracklogs to a CSV file.
* Create a new waypoint by projecting an existing one using an entered distance and bearing.
* Compute the length, area, and elevation change for the tracklog.
* Offline map support by downloading tiles from map tile servers, or using your own map images.
PERMISSIONS: (1) GPS – to determine your location, (2) Network access – for access to Google Map and OSM tiles, (3) SD card access – to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, (4) Camera access for taking pics, (5) Prevent phone from sleeping so that proximity alarm works, (6) Control flashlight, to allow the flashlight to be turned on/off from within the app, and (7) System settings, to allow the Android Wear app to control the watch screen brightness.
DISCLAIMER: You use this app at your own risk. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost as a result of using this app. Batteries in mobile devices can go flat. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
See the Coordinate Master app for support for more coordinate systems. Handy GPS is also available for iPhone and Windows Phone.
24.2: Added extra, extra large text size option. Send altitude correction value from phone to watch.
24.1: Show miles per hour as mph instead of m/h. Show the total route length after setting route. When creating a normal waypoint from a reference waypoint, copy the time and description also. Bug fixes for Goto page. Show time of last export when exporting a KML or GPX.
24.0: Re-organized the main page menu into several sub-menus. Fixed a bug with computing the sunrise and sunset times in time zones with a fractional UTC offset (e.g. Adelaide, Australia).
This app has no advertisements