How To Manually Update Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMA2 OS
Well, now is soon enough as Samsung just made available the official XXAMA2 firmware that can be OTA or by using KIES applied by the European Galaxy S3 Mini users. But, if you haven’t still received the software, or if you want to manually install the new Android 4.1.2 XXAMA2 OS on your Galaxy S3 Mini (European and unlocked i8190 versions), then this step by step guide will be perfect for you.
Now, as you know when an official software is being launched the same will be “personalized” by each carrier that will offer the OTA firmware to the Android users. That’s why you will not be able to install the same version of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS on all the Galaxy S3 Mini devices. Therefore, for easing your work I will provide the suitable update for the unlocked version of the handset along with the Bulgarian, Poland, Russian, Luxembourg, Slovenian and Baltic variants of the recently released XXAMA2 OS. You will have the proper download links below, so don’t worry.
The 4.1.2 update is not a major one, so don’t expect to receive important and new features on your Galaxy S3 Mini. In fact there are more bug-fixes than new features, but it is always good to get the latest and official firmware for your handsets. Furthermore, by flashing an official OS you can restore the warranty (in case it was previously void by installing a custom ROM), so nothing bad can come with a stock software. Now, let’s start preparing your phone for the update procedure that will shortly follow.
- It is unlikely to lose your data by completing this tutorial, but you can never be to sure when it comes to the bank accounts, passwords, contacts, messages, market apps, EFS and so on, so it is more than recommended to perform a full backup before going any further.
- You don’t have to root your device as this guide can be applied on an un-rooted device too. Furthermore, if you have a rooted handset, after applying the below steps, the root access will be revoked.
- So, the warranty will not be void and you can also restore the same if you have previously lost it.
- You don’t have to install anything on your device; for update your Galaxy S3 Mini we will use Odin.
- You need to have access to a computer, to your smartphone and to its USB cord.
- If there is security tools and antivirus apps installed and running on your computer it will be a good idea to deactivate them.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- And charge the battery or else the handset might get turned off in the middle of the update process.
- Finally, you must complete this manual method only for the Samsung Galaxy Mini; if you try to perform the steps for a similar device, you will brick the same.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S3 Mini to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMA2 OS
- Download the update file suitable with the version of your Galaxy S3 Mini on your computer: for the unlocked i8190 the download link is here; for Bulgaria (La Fleur) use the link from here; for Poland (Play) go here; for Luxembourg (La Fleur) use this link; for Slovenia (La Fleur) get the update from here; for Baltic you can use the download link from here and for Russia use this link.
- Extract the update file on the computer.
- Then, download Odin on your computer and install the same.
- Install the proper drivers for your phone on the PC; you can use KIES for ensuring that all the drivers are being properly installed.
- On the PC open Odin.
- Turn off the phone and enter it in download mode.
- For rebooting in download mode press and hold the Volume Down Key, OK and Power buttons at the same time.
- Then, connect the smartphone with the computer by using its USB cord.
- Once you do that, on Odin the “added” message should be displayed.
- Also, the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If not, you might try to re-install the drivers on the computer; then redo the above steps.
- From Odin, select “PDA”.
- Pick the update file and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Click on “start” for beginning the update operation.
- In the end, on Odin, the “pass” message should be displayed.
- Also, the phone should reboot by itself.
- You can now safely unplug the USB cord.
Congratulations, you have managed to complete the tutorial meaning that now your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is running the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMA2 OS. The software is also OTA available, so if you haven’t yet received it don’t worry just wait a little bit longer, or apply this step by step guide. Do tell us how things worked for you and if there were problems while using Odin or trying to apply the firmware use the comments area and share the issues with us.