Requirements: 5.0 and up
Overview: Taskbar puts a start menu and recent apps tray on top of your screen that’s accessible at any time, increasing your productivity and turning your Android tablet (or phone) into a real multitasking machine!
On devices running Android 7.0 Nougat, Taskbar can also launch apps in freeform windows for a PC-like experience! No root required! (see below for instructions)
Also works great as an Android app launcher for Chromebooks! (Be sure to set your Chrome OS shelf to autohide)
Featured on PhoneArena, Liliputing, AndroidHeadlines, XDA-Developers, Android Police, 9to5Google, Android Community, All About Android, Android Authority, AddictiveTips, Lifehacker, and WonderHowTo!
Now featuring a brand-new app logo by Mark Morilla!
If you find Taskbar useful, please consider upgrading to the Donate Version! Simply tap the “Donate” option at the bottom of the app (or, on the web, click here).
• Start menu – shows you all applications installed on the device, configurable as a list or as a grid
• Recent apps tray – shows your most recently used apps and lets you easily switch between them
• Collapsible and hideable – show it when you need it, hide it when you don’t
• Many different configuration options – customize Taskbar however you want
• Pin favorite apps or block the ones you don’t want to see
• Designed with keyboard and mouse in mind
• 100% free, open source, and no ads
Freeform window mode (Android 7.0 Nougat)
Taskbar lets you launch apps in freeform floating windows on Android 7.0 Nougat. No root access is required. Simply follow these steps to configure your device for launching apps in freeform mode:
1. Check the box for “Freeform window support” inside the Taskbar app
2. Follow the directions that appear in the pop-up to enable the proper settings on your device
3. With Taskbar turned on, go to your device’s recent apps page
4. Clear all recent apps, then go back to the (empty) recent apps page
5. Press Taskbar’s start button and select an app to launch it in a freeform window
For more information and detailed instructions, click “Help & instructions for freeform mode” inside the Taskbar app.
New in 2.1:
• Recent apps list is now scrollable!
• Double-tap to sleep (while in non-freeform launcher mode)
• Android for Work support
New in 2.0.4:
• Launcher shortcuts on Android 7.1!
• Miscellaneous improvements
This app has no advertisements